ACCIDENT REPAIRS ON 3RD PARTY CLAIM
One Stop solution for Accident Repairs on 3rd Party Claim Some workshops may not want to take the risk of financing the cost of repair.
At the time of a motor accident
Please note the following:
- The date, time and place of accident.
- The circumstances leading to the accident.
- The third party’s vehicle number, name of the driver and NRIC no. of the named driver.
- The name of the third party’s insurance company and policy number (if available).
- The details of witness, if any.
- If you have a camera with you, take photographs of the damages to all vehicles, position of all vehicles involved and the area surrounding the scene of the accident immediately.
- Do not admit or discuss liability.
- Do not allow your motor vehicle to be towed away from the scene of accident by a repairer who is not known to you.
- If no one is injured, proceed to efile the accident report at your nearest IDAC. (Please keep a copy of the Certificate of Insurance and a pen in the glove compartment of your motor vehicle at all time).
- Where an injury is involved, please call the police immediately. Upon arrival of the police, provide them with the details of the accident. You must make a police report within 24 hours of the accident in the event the accident involves the following.
- A government vehicle or damage to government property
- A foreign vehicle
- A pedestrian or cyclist, or
Making a claim against the third party
- You have to efile the accident report through the nearest IDAC within 24 hours or the next working day of the accident.
- Send your damaged vehicle to our workshop. We will assist you to inform the third party’s insurer of the accident and request them to inspect your vehicle damage before proceeding with the repair.
- If the third party or the third party’s insurer refuses to settle your claim, we will consider seeking legal recourse. Alternatively, you may make an “own damage claim” on your own motor policy except the policy excess and uninsured losses.
Making a claim on your windscreen
If the windscreen of your vehicle is broken and you wish to make a claim, you can send your vehicle to our workshop. You are required to complete a “Windscreen Claim Form” and submit it with a Certificate of Insurance.